Challenged with creating an open connected space, this project quickly became an addition to an addition. Forced by existing conditions, the original one story portion of this house had to be removed, leaving the two story masonry front half of the house that was added in 1863. The new addition, erected over the original footprint, re-envisioned the original structure. The resulting house juxtaposes new and old, highlighting the beauty of both sides of the house as the spaces intersect. Continuing this intersection, the nearly 200 year old structural framing was repurposed in new sills, shelves, and master vanity.